Structures and prototytical systems
Work of my third year architecture studio at AUS in (Spring 2017)
Moving beyond false assumptions that nurture a passive understanding of structure as an a-spatial and secondary system in architecture, the project will begin to problematize structure as an integrated system within architecture, one that is spatial, performative and poetic.
1. Prototypical systems and spatial affects / ‘agents’ to correspond to a structural system
2. Proto-Architectures – strategies to structuring within a cube
3. Introduction to site (Sharjah Al Majaz waterfront park) and program (gallery)
4. Proto-type machine: material and experiential narrative and device
5. System: digital simulation, ‘perfomative’ modeling, aggregations and mul iterations
6. Narrative and programming
7. Proposal of a cultural, social and experiential interaction (in relation to site and the program), and final Representation and Fabrication
By adopting contemporary practices, such as modeling in physical and digital form, the work of the studio will attempt to go beyond some of the preconceived boundaries of architecture, notably that of the traditional sequence of site, program and proposal. A diversity of architectural approaches is expected. Contemporary architectural processes should be capable to accommodate transformation, adaptation, deterioration and unpredictable, inconsistent or changeable events and conditions. Architectural design is an adaptive process, which is engaged in a continuous transformation. The sequence of operations will start from a small scale and extend to the larger one.
Project by Saad
Projects by Jawaher, Prathiush and Yasmine
Project by Jumanah
Project by Jawaher
Project by Hiba